Sunday, February 24, 2008

What A Day It Has Been

I thought it would be a good idea to borrow my brother's bike to use while covering the marathon this morning. Half the city is blocked off because of the race, but on a bike, I don't have to worry about that.
I scouted the half marathon route yesterday and found a few places to shoot from. After the start, I went to the 34th Street wall and shot from there. Then, I left the race route and continued north on 34th Street to the intersection with SW 16th Boulevard/SW 16th Avenue. There's a great hill there with a wonderful line through the frame. And there's a hydration station nearby.

I followed the route for a bit, then headed south towards another location I had scouted near the UF Campus. About a third of the way there, the rear tire blew. Awesome. I had to walk back to the finish line before the marathon runners got there.
After the marathon, I headed to the UF Golf Course to shoot the final round of the Lady Gator Invitational. Since it was almost noon, the light was pretty crappy. But Florida won, and senior Tiffany Chudy won her first individual title. Pretty cool.

No comments: