Friday, November 16, 2007

Did It Work?

I decided to put my new remote gear to the test today at the FHSAA Volleyball Tournament. At first, I had a wide angle up in the catwalk. But then I changed my mind and switched to a 70-200mm lens. It paid off.In the 30 minutes leading up to the Buchholz-Miami Killian game, I fretted over the focus, alignment and firing of the camera. I was having problems with the camera going to sleep on me. Luckily I noticed the issue before the game, while I was still in the catwalk.

Throughout the game, as Buchholz basically cruised to a birth in the final, I wondered if the remote was firing. The game ended, I came to the press room and started ingesting the card in my camera, and then I ran up to the catwalk.
Success. It worked. Remotes can be such a crap shoot, but this time I got lucky. Hopefully I'll get lucky again.

Oh, and I have to thank Kristen for leaving her personal gear in Gainesville. She doesn't know I used her equipment, but it paid off. Thanks, dear!

No comments: