Saturday, July 14, 2007

My Week With Nikon

I had to spend the week shooting with my newspaper-issued Nikon D1X's. They're not bad. I'll admit it, they're not bad. But I'll take my Canon gear over Nikon any day. Especially considering most of my work is shot with available light indoors....

My camera started acting up last week. At first it was hard to make the review button work. Then I couldn't change ISO, White Balance, etc. So I FedEx'd it to Canon. A little more than $250 and a week later, it's back. Back with a new shutter, new mirror, new top plate, new rear plate, new battery plate, cleaned and returned to factory specs. I love being a CPS member.

The underwater cycling shot finally came together. I learned a lot about working underwater and had fun with this story. I'll head back on Tuesday to shoot a noon class in available light, and then it's off to the presses.

No comments: